|Recipe: Perfect Summer Chicken Salad
Adapted from Chef Nigella Lawson, this recipe has the perfect balance of sweet and spicy to pair perfectly with the Gridley Bluff Point Vineyard Riesling or any of our off-dry or semi-dry Rieslings.
- 3 peaches (slightly firm) peeled and cut into approx. ¼” cubes*
- 1 scallion finely chopped
- 1 – 2 red chiles (or to taste) deseeded and finely chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 cold cooked chicken breast cut into chunks
- 1 small heart of romaine lettuce (sliced or shredded)
- 1 large handful cilantro (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- A drizzle of toasted Asian sesame oil
- Put the peach cubes, and any juice they make, into a bowl and mix in the chopped scallion and chiles and squeeze over the lime juice. Leave these to steep while preparing the other ingredients.
- Add the chunked chicken and shredded lettuce and most of the cilantro and toss to combine. Add the oils and toss again. Garnish with the remaining bit of cilantro.
- Using a slotted spoon, scoop the salad into pita pockets. Or, serve into bowls with slices of fresh bread to sop up the juices.
*For a different flavor, you can substitute one mango for the peaches.