Recipe: Escarole & White Beans–pairs with Dry Riesling
Our family loves this dish as the weather gets cooler. Add mild Italian poultry sausage and/or fresh diced tomatoes to make it heartier and red-wine-friendly.
|Escarole and White Beans over Pasta– pairs with Dry or Medium-dry Riesling
Adapted from Wegman’s Menu Magazine
- One head of escarole, chopped (about one pound)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup dry white wine
- One can cannellini beans or navy beans, undrained
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Blanch escarole 1 min in large pot of boiling, salted water. Drain well. Gently squeeze out excess water.
- Add oil and garlic to large pan on medium heat. Cook, stirring, 1 min. Add escarole; cook, stirring, 1 min. Add wine and beans. Simmer, covered, 5 min; season with salt and pepper.
- Serve over penne or fusilli. Garnish with Parmesan Reggiano.