May 11, 2016–Since fall 2014, visitors to Silver Thread have enjoyed specialty chocolate and wine pairing thanks to our partnership with Hedonist Artisan Chocolates of Rochester, NY. Visitors like it so well that it is often shared on social media and praised on wine blogs.
We decided to revisit all of the pairings this year to make sure we were hitting the mark and providing the best possible experience. The vintages of the wines had changed, and therefore their flavors had changed slightly. Our friends at Hedonist sent us several possible new chocolate flavors to pair, and we worked back and forth to fine tune the recipes to the wine flavors. We’re very excited with the results and think you will be, too. Here is the new lineup for the Wine & Chocolate Pairing Experience:
- Dry Riesling paired with Seneca Rosemary Salt-Cranberry-Walnut Dark Chocolate
- This was our most popular pairing in the previous edition, so we left it unchanged!
- Gewurztraminer paired with Pistachio-Ginger-Curry White Chocolate
- Wait until you try the crystallized ginger and creamy white chocolate with the Gewurz! This is the most unexpected pairing, and a flavor change from the previous tasting.
- Pinot Noir paired with Raspberry-Cocoa Nib Extra Bittersweet Chocolate
- Fans of dark chocolate will revel in the pairing of bitter chocolate with the tannins of the Pinot Noir. This is a brand new edition to the tasting.
- Blackbird Red Wine paired with Espresso-Cranberry Dark Chocolate with White Chocolate Drizzle
- This chocolate was another big favorite from the original tasting, but we’ve added a drizzle of creamy white chocolate to match the richer flavor and body of the wine. It also gives the chocolate a beautifully elegant appearance.
Our new and improved Wine & Chocolate Pairing Experience is available at the tasting room beginning May 13, 2016. The tasting includes a 1-oz. sample of each wine and a tasting medallion (a.k.a. a bite-sized portion) of each chocolate. Fee for the tasting is $9. 10-oz. packets of each chocolate bark (pictured below) are available for $10 each.
We know you will enjoy this exclusive tasting with special chocolate flavors custom-made for Silver Thread wines. See you soon!