Holiday Party Recipe: Roasted Cauliflower and Sesame Spread
We’ll be sampling this recipe at our Dec. 11 Holiday Party on Facebook. The Asian flavors in this recipe pair beautifully with Gewurztraminer. Make ahead and warm it up before the party.
|Roasted Cauliflower and Sesame Spread from Food & Wine
Active time: 15 mins; total time: 1 hr; Yield: Makes 2 cups
- 1 head of cauliflower (2 pounds), halved crosswise and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- Kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons tahini (sesame) paste
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Sesame seeds
- Pita bread or chips, for serving
Preheat the oven to 450°. In a large bowl, toss the cauliflower with the oil, ginger and coriander and season with salt. Spread the cauliflower on a rimmed baking sheet and roast for about 40 minutes, stirring once or twice, until tender and lightly browned in spots. Let cool slightly.
Transfer the cauliflower to a food processor. Add the tahini and lemon juice and pulse to a chunky puree; season with salt. Add the cilantro and pulse just until incorporated. Transfer the spread to a bowl and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve warm with pita bread or chips.
Make Ahead: The sesame-cauliflower spread can be refrigerated overnight and warmed up in the microwave before the party.