The Alsacian flavors in this recipe pair beautifully with our 2022 Riesling “Doyle Fournier Vineyard.”
Adapted from Will Cook for Friends
Preparation time: 35 min; Makes 1 dozen regular size or 24 mini muffins
12 large eggs
¾ c half and half
4 tablespoons fresh herbs (ex: parsley and basil)
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
1/8 teaspoon cayenne
3 cups finely chopped veggies (ex: spinach or kale, red bell pepper, carrot)
¼ cup finely diced onion
1 ½ cups cheese (ex: gruyere, mozzarella or cheddar)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and thoroughly grease a muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, half and half, herbs, salt, and pepper, then set aside.
- In a medium skillet, sauté the onions in a bit of olive oil until soft. Add other veggies and sauté over medium heat for approximately 5 minutes until slightly soft. Allow to cool.
- Add veggies and onion to the egg mixture and stir to combine. Stir in half of the cheese.
- Using a ¼ cup measure, scoop the mixture into the prepared muffin pan. Fill to about ¼ inch from the top, then sprinkle a small amount of reserved cheese over each. Place in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the egg is fully set and the cheese has just started turning golden on top.
Remove from the oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes before gently running a butter knife around each muffin then gently remove from the pan. Enjoy while warm, or let cool completely before storing in an airtight container in the fridge. Leftovers can be reheated in the microwave or in a toaster oven.