On Saturday, September 10, 2016, Silver Thread will host a new special event called Good Earth Day. The day will celebrate the upcoming harvest and the vibrant Finger Lakes community, which includes great food, wine, and dedicated people working together to make great things happen. This event is open to the public, and the following activities will be offered from 12-5pm:
- Silver Thread team members will be lead grape tasting tours through the vineyard to give people a taste of what the grapes are like before they are turned into wine. The tasting will include Riesling, Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and Gewurztraminer. Suggested donation, $5 per party, to be donated to Food For All, Lodi’s Community Food Pantry.
- Qwiksolar will have representatives on site to give complimentary tours of Silver Thread’s solar panel system that provides 100% of the winery’s power needs. Information on solar energy installations will be available.
- Six Circles Farm, located here in Caywood, will have a farm stand to sell their organic vegetables and one-of-a-kind garlic products.
- Global Taco food truck will be on-site serving specialty tacos. A la carte menu.
- The tasting room will offer a sale on Good Earth White Wine (one of Silver Thread’s most popular varieties).
- All wine tasting fees will be donated to Food for All, Lodi’s Community Food Pantry.
“People are always wondering what wine grapes taste like,” said Shannon Brock, Silver Thread’s Co-owner & General Manager. “We believe this is a great way to show them and give back to the community at the same time.”
Harvest season is the best time to visit Finger Lakes vineyards so do not miss out on this unique event and all that it has to offer. For more information, please call 607-582-6116.