Celebrate Good Earth Day at Silver Thread
Saturday, September 7, 2019
Join us Saturday, September 7th, at Silver Thread for our fourth annual Good Earth Day. The event is a celebration of the upcoming harvest and the vibrant Finger Lakes community, which includes great food, wine, and dedicated people working together to make exciting things happen. All tour and tasting fees will be donated to Lodi’s Community Food Pantry, which provides healthy local food for up to 50 Lodi families per week. No reservations are required, so come out for a fun afternoon to support a great cause!
The tasting room will be open from 11am-5pm for tasting and sales. Grape-Tasting Tours and a Mini Farm Market will be offered 1-4pm.
Here is what will be happening that day:
- Grape-Tasting Vineyard Tours–Silver Thread winemakers Paul and Andi will lead tours through our Bio-intensively farmed vineyard. Learn about our earth-friendly growing practices. Taste Riesling, Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, Gewurztraminer and Merlot grapes straight off the vine. Tours offered every half hour, 1-4pm, sign up upon arrival. Closed-toed shoes required. Suggested donation, $10 per party, to be donated to Food For All, Lodi’s Community Food Pantry.
- VIP Room–Visit our luxurious new wine cellar tasting room, and sample our first two “Bio-intensive” wines: 2018 Riesling Bio-intensive, which is being released for the first time at the event, and 2017 Good Earth Cabernet Franc. Suggested donation, $2 per person, to be donated to Food For All, Lodi’s Community Food Pantry.
- Tasting Room–Sale on 2017 Good Earth White and 2016 Chardonnay. All wine tasting fees will be donated to Food for All, Lodi’s Community Food Pantry.
- Mini Farm Market–We’re welcoming a few local food producers to sample and sell their delicious products in our front yard. 1-4pm. Six Circles Farm (organic veggies and more), Lively Run Dairy (cheese), Bakery at the Back of Beyond (breads and sweets) and Know Your Roots (handmade herbal products). Check our facebook page for more news about our vendors.
- Edible and Medicinal Plant Walk–Join Know Your Roots co-owner Debbie Biltonen for a leisurely walk around Silver Thread’s property to learn about edible and medicinal plants growing right under your nose. 3pm. Free; sign up on arrival.
- Phenology Club Members: pick up your September Club Pack at the event. Not a member yet? Join here: Phenology: the Wine Club at Silver Thread.